So we have settled into a schedule that seems to be working. My milk production is much better now and we gotten some Enfamil with lipil formula for emergenices. Right now I would say we are at about a 90-10% split. Most breastmilk with the occasional formula thrown in.
She feeds about every 3-4 hours. Her poopoo's and peepee's are in full effect and so far normal in the amount she is supposed to have per day.
I take at least one nap during the day if not 2. Some days I have alot of energy and dont mind the 2am feeding, others like last night...daddy handles, letting me sleep and then I handle the 6am feeding. Daddy is not such a good napper, and it catches up to him sometimes. I feel like there is always could/should be doing in our "awake times" Paying bills, posting to this blog so I can allow details to leave my brain... :)
Sometimes we go back to bed, sometimes we stay up. She is only 8 days old, so everyday is something new.
We have nicknames for the little girl. That being one. We also call her pretty girl and baby girl. Our favorite is the little tigre. This is because when we didnt have her on a set feeding schedule she would cry so hard she would become hoarse, and she would literally sound like a newborn baby tiger cub.
She is the cutest, sweetest thing. Her hair actually gets greasy if we dont wash it for a day. When I brush it it's LONG. Joe plays with it and puts it over her ears. She is going to wearing a ponytail in no time.
She also shakes her head NO vigourously at almost every feeding before she gives it up and takes the bottle. She gets the hiccups after almost every feeding. I will ask Dr Addy about this next time. It's probably not the best thing in the world, but I am not sure what to do about it.
I am beginning to feel better, and cannot wait for the day where I can take her out for walks and go over to Nana and Papa's for all day outings. Which reminds me, we did have a lunch outing at Olive Garden yesterday. She was a little champ and slept the entire time.
Now with the set schedule she is a very good little sleeper, and with the help of the sweetpeace is a very calm baby. No signs of colic yet. KNOCK. ON. WOOD.
Upcoming events: potential visit to Joe's work on Friday and pictures on Saturday. THAT is going to be something else. GETTING ALL OF US SHOWERED....AND PRETTIED UP??? Sounds exhausting but well worth it later down the line. Will keep you posted.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment