Keeping Up with Casey and Connor....

Lilypie Baby Days Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 9, 2008

Labor and Delivery

Okay, So had my regular scheduled Dr's appt yesterday. Dilated 1 1/2 cm and effaced 80%. Woohoo. THEN...she listens to babys heartbeat and it's way too high. Apparently boys have lower resting heart rates. Baselines around 130 whereas girls are around 140-150. Well I have always been told my baby is "very active" and that is true, so typically her heartbeat is 166 or so...well yesterday it was 188. So Dr. Baylor says you are going to labor and delivery to be put on a monitor. I was like "oh great...the shower is today"

but anyways, had i given it 2 more minutes thought and been smart i would have EATEN something on the way to labor and delivery. But it never even crossed my mind because I still believed I would be back at work in time for the shower.

So they hook me up and nurse doesn't like what she sees at all. PLUS baby was sleeping at the time. They wanted her to wake up and move around so they could detect spikes in activity. It took awhile for that. Then they weren't seeing the spikes they wanted, so more waiting and monitoring. So she calls Dr. Baylor and she decides she wants to see me after she sees a few more patients around noonish, which of course wound up being almost 1ish. But Dr Baylor said everything was fine and to monitor for another hour then i could go. I didnt get to eat till 2:45 :( so that i have to say is going to be one of the hardest parts, considering i snack all day long.

But some side notes. I may seem casual about all this, but I know that Dr Baylor is ALWAYS overly cautious, number one, and number two, the baby is full term. So if worse comes to worse they can just take the baby. Which they actually considered doing. The nurse was very alarmed in the begining seeing as how i didnt have a fever, or infection (main causes for baby high heartrate) But they decided all is well and put no restrictions on me. Dr Baylor wont speculate but I got the feeling from the nurse that because I lost my plug it could be anytime now. She also said that it's rare that they actually see a woman dilate and efface so early before the due date. She said my body is doing everything it should be doing. But apparently they do so many inductions where women NEVER dilate, efface, or water breaks. So I am really hoping for within the week.

Wouldn't mothers day be perfect? But let's be real. We all know that is not my luck :)

So shower was postponed at word for today. Fill you in later!

No comments: