Well it's been an interesting week for sure.
Mom's mom (my grandma) died on April 3. So we traveled to Oklahoma for the funeral. Everything went fairly well, except the amount of junk I ate along the way. I gained another pound :( Then I had my second occasion of swelling. Obviously I didn't drink the water I should have while there because that can make for a very long 6 hour car ride. So I tried to flush it out when I got back to Texas. Hopefully I will be good as new in a couple days. I am so tired still. It was great to see everyone though. Mom's sister, Tina got me 2 HUGE bags of baby girl clothes. She somehow managed to find a bunch of lavender stuff, which is a switch. Usually my choices are "which shade of pink" :) Anyways, I literally have a onesie for everyday of this girls 0-3 months stage. In fact, I think I can safely change her onesie after EVERY spit up and never have to launder another onesie due to running out :) At least for 3 months.
Went to childbirth class last night, where we learned all about childbirth, both the traditional way and C-Section. After all the videos, I turned to Joe and said "I changed my mind" to which he replied "It's kind of late now, dont you think?"hmmmmmmmmm good point, guess I am toughing it out after all, it looks just terrifying, and the recovery as well. I am scared for sure. But Joe reassured me he will be waiting on me hand and foot for awhile. Next couple of classes are going to be MUCH better. We learn how to take care of the baby, and we also get to tour the hospital and nursery etc. I'm looking forward to it! Can't believe I only have 7 weeks left. Only now is it beginning to sink in, I think.
So we still have just a couple things in the nursery yet to do, I'm not worried about that at all. It's all the other stuff. Organizing still, baby showers, shopping for all remaining baby needs. Oh and next weekend I take pictures. Let's hope I can get my cat to stop bouncing off my belly to the bed and leaving scratches behind. It would be nice to not have scars :)
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment