Keeping Up with Casey and Connor....

Lilypie Baby Days Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 28, 2008

Home Baby Shower

It was amazing. Pink everywhere of course! Centerpiece of cherry blossoms was gorgeous.
We got SO MUCH stuff. Wait, first things first. We arrive and look at the room and it's set up beautifully. Centerpiece, diaper cake, wreath! Oh...and also a Winne the Pooh Pinata for later. Getting excited, yet? Here we go then...

First we play bingo, where of course dad administers. He delivers the words TWICE for extra emphasis. I won once, and Kellie won once I believe. We played at second game of finding all the incorrect items in a picture. Apparently I am HORRIBLE at that game. There were 28 items, I found 14 I think. Kellie and Joe both found about 25 or so. Kris found all 28 and won that one. So that was fun. THEN...dad goes and get's Papa Johns Pizza (my favorite) and it was so good. I think if I had to pick one food to live on for life, it would be a toss between California Pizza Kitchen Spaghetti Bolognese or Pizza. MMMMMMMMMMMM

Then we go play pinata, which was fun. That was a tough one to crack. I think I hit about 20 times, with the aid of Logan. Kellie even hit it a couple of times before candy started to fall. The next door neighbor girls were watching and asked who's B'day party it was. ummmmm it's a 30 year old girls baby shower (hee hee)

Then .....it's inside for gifts. We got the amazing Sweetpeace Soother we wanted from Mom and Dad. Watch me have the most relaxed baby ever now...simply because I am SO paranoid, and ready for a colicy baby. Although not much likelihood of that. Unless she takes after her daddy I dont see how she could be laid back. I'm more Type A, worrier, anxious type :(

Let's see. Kellie and Jason got us a very nice picture frame with a custom "christopher robin" quote on it, that was very nice. Oh and a rainforest jumparoo! She waited till the day of the shower to purchase because for some reason she thought I might look at the registry to see what people had gotten me :)

Larry and Kris got us the baby monitor we needed, and Joe spent yesterday charging it and setting it up, as well as the other little timer gift we got for xmas, where you time their sleep patterns, changing and feedings, etc etc. Also they got us a hamper FULL of classic pooh items. I really like the little book she got us where we put pics inside for her to take to Peggy's house. Also some outfits, a bowl and spoon set, where the spoon tells you if the food is too hot. Just a bunch of misc neat stuff.

Mom and Dad gave us a basket as well that was FULL of stuff. You name it and it's in there. Butt creams, shampoos, soaps, teethers, binkys, clothes, socks, Lullaby DVD's onesies's and I could go on and on....but just to give you an abbreviated idea, we stayed up until 11:30 that night after getting home around 8 or so just ORGANIZING all the stuff into piles, then on Sunday we did laundry, and put all the stuff away and that was ANOTHER 2 hours. Just to give you an idea of the magnitude of items we received. Oh and they also got us a Homedics white noise machine thingy that has 3 options of ceiling lights, and Joe is just in love with that thing. We sat in the nursery on Saturday night picking which one we liked best, we decided on the fish (although it does have a scary octopus image we are not so sure about) :) But it shows up alot better than the monkey and the cow one. Oh and it has several noises to pick from (heartbeat to mimmick the womb, music, and rain which was Joe's favorite) But with the lights off and sitting in my new comfy chair, and that machine going it was so relaxing, I got up and let Joe sit in the chair and I got the strong suspicion that he could sleep all night in there with our little girl. No problems at all.

The nursery is great. I am so happy with it. And all the items we received in the shower, and that are now in turn in the nursery are great as well. Shower day was a great day! I couldn't be happier with how it turned out :)

No comments: