Just like all the books say, 3 months old is definately a milestone marker.
Casey is sleeping anywhere from 10-12 hours at night, going down at 8pm and waking around 3:30 or 4 to eat for 15 minutes typically....so she has increased her stretches from 6 to 8 hours. Sometimes she sleeps 10 hours straight, and every once in a while as little as 6.
Her 2 naps in the moring are usually 40 min to an hour long...as well as one afternoon nap for about an hour.
She is eating about 25 oz a day or so, and weighs about 12 pounds.
She has also graduated to a "modified monkey hold" (easier on the wrists) but now likes to be carried around if she is overtired...DO NOT TRY AND SIT DOWN!! She always knows....
Oh.. and still dont really try putting her down drowsy but awake yet, but I figure if she is sleeping such long stretches there has to be times where she wakes up and puts herself back to sleep...at least I hope so.
She also LOVES being outside, if she is fussy AT ALL and I walk in the back with her she calms down rather quickly, then we come back inside and eat...then she falls asleep. I dont know if it is the heat or just being outdoors, guess we will find out this fall and winter. But typically every night Joe and I sit outside with her while she looks around, and it usually shortens or avoids the "personal fussy time" aka "witching" right before bed.
I am returning to work in a week and a half, and of course have mixed emotions. Mostly about how she will adjust to daycare, and if it will mess up her napping or happiness.
Will she remember who I am when she hasnt seen me for 10 hours? :(
I am anxious for whats ahead....but Casey is progressing just wonderfully.
Maybe one day, I will win the lotto...till then this is what we call life!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment