Keeping Up with Casey and Connor....

Lilypie Baby Days Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 11, 2008

What's Happening

This is a first...

so the last few days the little girl is getting about 6 hours straight sleep a night, which is pretty awesome, the only bad thing is we cannot get her down before 10pm but as she gets older I am sure that will change...but last night we were both tired and went to bed a little earlier. We were able to put Casey in her cosleeper at 9:30...I woke up at 3:30am (6 hours later) and freaked out because I hadn't heard a peep all night, so I jumped out of bed touched her face (to make sure it's not cold) :( and then I put my hand on her tummy to make sure it moves up and down, it was...so I calm down and go back to bed, the next time I wake up I hear a squeak and look at the clock..it's 5:30am!!!!! She slept 8 hours last night. I fed her and changed her, and she laid back down for about 15 minutes, but then started to fuss again, so I got up for good and went out to the living room to start our day, it took about 30 minutes and she is down again for a nap.

Everything else is going pretty well. We have a routine, up typically around 7:15 or 7:30. Lately just one night time feed which is good. I think this weekend we are going to put her in her crib for one nap a day, I am extremely nervous about this, as she seems to already be aware if I leave the room and begins crying within 5 minutes usually. I figure at first I will stay in the room with her for awhile just to get her used to being in the nursery at all. I will be so relieved when this transition is over with.

We hang out all morning usually and she takes 2-3 naps. She likes to take her naps in the morning and just catnap in the afternoon usually.

This may be TMI but she only goes Poopy every other day now and we have had to use some intervention suggested by pediatrician as she gets fussy from time to time when she hasn't gone. We use Karo dark syrup and so far that has worked like a dream and within hours. After that she is totally calm and content.

Those really are our only issues. Other than that she has the typical fuss just because every once in a while, but is typically happy all day long. We go out and about with Nana (and Papa this week as he is off) and around 4:20 she is excited to see Daddy. I think personally she gets tired of all the Mommy time :)

I have started to work out again slowly but surely. Just once last week...and twice so far this week.

I like routines, and almost 2 months into it I feel like we have a pretty good one.
She really is a very good baby, which makes me happy!! :)

No comments: